How to Create Or Add a Signature to a Gmail Account?
An email signature is a text or quote placed at the bottom of the email as a footnote. It can contain your name, website, company, phone number, or your favourite quote. In your Gmail account, setting up a signature is as simple as ABC.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS WHERE YOU CAN EASILY ADD SIGNATURES TO YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT
You can put up to 10,000 characters in the signature text in your Gmail account.
To set up a signature for emails you compose in Gmail on the desktop site and mobile follows these steps:
TO ADD SIGNATURE TO AN EMAIL VIA DESKTOP: Through desktop, the signature creating feature can be attained by:
- Open your Gmail account, and in the top right, click Settings à See all settings.
- In the general tab, scroll down, and you will see the “Signature” button, click on “create” and in the dialogue box that appears, you can add your signature text in the box. You can also add emojis and change the style of your signature font.
- At the bottom of the page, click à Save Changes.
Your signature is set, and you can professionally make your email denser and intimidating.
- TO ADD SIGNATURE TO AN EMAIL VIA ANDROID/ iOS DEVICE:
Through mobile phones, the signature creating feature can be achieved more efficiently as we won’t have to worry about the hassle of a desktop. Here, the restriction comes as android or iOS don’t have many features/ characters for creating signatures.
- Open your Gmail account and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the application.
- Click on Settings à then on the account you want to add a signature for.
- For iOS devices: Tap Signature Settings and toggle the slider beside the “mobile signature option.”
- For Android devices: Tap on the “mobile signature option” present under the General section.
- Type your desired signature in the dialogue box and when finished, click OK for android phones and tap back to save automatically for iOS devices.