Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) recently make it compulsory to every Pakistani to register their Phone with PTA. We received a text from 8484 to registered our Phone with IMEI code to PTA. Otherwise, the Phone will be blocked from PTA.
Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System (DIRBS) is a framework to keep your Phone registered and keep it in the record of PTA for the cell phone ecosystem development in Pakistan.
What is the IMEI number?
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is the specific standard code of every gadget. So, to register this IMEI to PTA is compulsory for every user to keep a record of the cellular devices. In case, if this IMEI isn’t registered, then our Phone is not in the record, and PTA will block it.
How to check the IMEI code?
These are the steps to check IMEI of any phone:
- Dial *#06# on your cell phone.
- Go in the Setting or About Phone of your smart Phone to check IMEI.
- IMEI is also written on our cell phone’s box.
- It is also printed on the removable battery.
Now the point is that, how can we register it on PTA?
There are three methods to registered it on PTA
- Through PTA website
- Via SMS IMEI code to 8484
- Via PTA application
Through PTA website
Follow these steps to register it with the website:
- Click on this URL on your cell phone https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/.
- Enter 15 digits code of IMEI from your phone device
- Get registered with these simple steps.
Via SMS IMEI code to 8484
Follow these steps to register it with SMS:
- Send your IMEI code to this 8484
- Shortly, you received a Text from 8484
- If it is registered, then you get this text. IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid, and then make a call or SMS, and it will auto be registered.
Via PTA application
Follow these steps to register it with Application:
- Download the PTA application from the play store or apple store.
- Install this Application on your Phone.
- Once the app installed, then open it.
- Follow the instruction in the app.
- Registered the IMEI on it and verified your phone device.
You may also like to read: