How to make Slow Cooked Beef Stew?
If you have a slow-cooking pan (typed in terracotta), you can prepare a delicious, fortified beef stew and vegetables as if you had spent hours cooking it. All you need is to put meat, chopped vegetables, spices, and pan in the pan and boil it for 7-8 hours.
Cooking everything before going out for work and when you get back home will be filled with the rich and delicious aroma of stew, which you can serve with rice or crusty bread. Continue reading!
- 1 kg beef for stew
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 sliced carrots
- 1 pulse of chopped celery
- 3 peeled and dipped potatoes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt or QB
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 220 ml of beef broth
- Flour 2 tablespoons
Cut meat into 2.5 cm cubes. Place the beef on the cutting board and use a sharp knife for this operation. If you have a little time available, here are some shortcuts:
- Buy pre-cut meats. Many butchers or supermarkets sell ready-made stews. Be clear for middling meats for “fishmongers”.
- Use frozen beef, arrange for a time, and buy more meat than necessary, cut into the freezer and freeze excess. The next time you already have beef cubes, you will be put in the pot.
Cut vegetables, wash, peel and sieve onions, carrots, potatoes, and celery. This is definitely the longest preparation work, so here are some tips to speed it up:
- Use pre-cut vegetables often in supermarkets, vegetables are already cut for soups and stews.
- Get frozen vegetables, a bag of chopped carrots, one potato, and one more onion thing you need!
- Take a vegetable soup. If you have very little time available, you can add two cans of vegetable soup just for the meat. They will not taste very fresh, but the preparation is fast without a doubt.
Prepare spices, peel and chop garlic, add salt, pepper, paprika, and prepare bay leaves. If you don’t strive duration for this stage, here are some tips:
- Take the prepared spice mix, instead of measuring each spice separately, get the prepared spice. There are also different types of soups and stews. Act for several reasons: medication, whack, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and all the other aromas you like.
- Use what is available if you don’t have paprika? Discharge involves oregano Don’t you have black pepper? White or red chili is fine. What to do with rosemary, thyme, sage, or in the pantry near you.
- Instead of fresh garlic, add garlic to the powder. Half a teaspoon replaces a chopped clove.
Measure the liquids you need for a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and 220 ml beef stock. Do you want a shortcut? Here are some:
- Replace the Worcestershire Sauce with Sherry or Red Wine.
- Try not to stress over adding chicken, vegetables or plain water instead of meat broth, the stew will still be great.
Amass the materials in the jiggle, unite muscle, show spices, sauces and stock to the pottery pot. Use a spoon to mix everything.
Close the lid and turn the heat on low. Depending on the type of pot you have, it will take 7-8 hours for the stew to fully cook. Only slightly upbraid to attach the plug extensively, theft the docility and cooking gives the pot its magic!
- However, if you know that an earthen pot burns dishes, then you should mix it every two hours.
- If you want the stew to be prepared first then increases the heat and reduces the time to 5-6 hours. Remember to mix every hour; otherwise, you will burn your food.
Add flour in the last 30 minutes of cooking. At the end of the preparation, when there is half an hour left, dilute approximately 80 ml of liquid from the stew to 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix the mixture well in the stew so that you have a thick sauce. Amass the beat in all directions and stay cooking.
Compile the alcoholic to the surface as it serves on a disregard of rice or noodles or garnish with fresh parsley, if you like it.