Ingredients: 4 Pers.
- 1 pheasant, gutted
- 1 large shallot
- 30g butter
- 20 cl of water
- peanut oil
- salt, pepper to taste
Cooking 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Cut the gutted pheasant into four pieces. Salt and pepper each of the pheasant pieces then brush them with peanut oil on all sides using a brush.
- Place the seasoned pheasant pieces in a deep oven-proof dish.
- Bake and cook for 25 minutes, turning regularly the pieces of pheasant.
- During this time, peel and cut the shallot into thin slices.
- Heat a drizzle of peanut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the peanut oil is hot, add the sliced shallot to the pan and pour it into 20 cl of water. Let reduce, stirring regularly.
- When the water has completely evaporated, add the butter with the sliced shallot to the saucepan. Salt and pepper to taste at that point, blend well. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- When the pheasant pieces are cooked, place them on the plates and cover them with the shallot and butter sauce.
- oned pheasant pieces in a deep oven-proof dish.
- Enjoy immediately with roasted or pan-fried potatoes or a nice homemade mashed potato.
For this baked pheasant recipe, you can allow 30 minutes of preparation.
How to Cook Pheasant in the Oven
A baked-pheasant with potatoes and the party-atmosphere of a Sunday lunch is guaranteed. A second dish that brings to the table the taste, flavors, and aromas of a simple and tasty Italian cuisine.
Today we will show you how to make baked pheasant with potatoes.
The ingredients you need for the recipe are 1 clean 1.2 kg pheasant; 1 onion; 1 stick of celery; 1 carrot; 1 sprig of rosemary; 4 bay leaves; 5 sage leaves; 5 cloves; 5 black peppercorns; 250 ml of dry white wine; 100 ml of white wine vinegar; 500 g of new potato chips; 20 g of butter; extra virgin olive oil; salt.
Divide the pheasant into 8 pieces, wash and dry them, put them in a bowl, and sprinkle them with the wine and vinegar; add the peppercorns, cloves, rosemary, sage, and bay leaf. Clean the vegetables; trim and scrape the carrot, peel the onion, and remove the celery filaments; thinly slice the vegetables and add them to the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling-film and leave to marinate for at least 3 hours in a cool place, turning the pieces of pheasant from time to time to flavor them.
Heat the butter and 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown the pieces of pheasant for 10 minutes over high heat, turning them all over; add the peeled chips, the vegetables, and the aromatic herbs from the marinade, drain and dry. Add salt and cook in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 25 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of marinade from time to time.
When cooked, let the pheasant rest for a few minutes in the off oven, then serve it with the potatoes and cooking sauce.
How to Cook Pheasant on a Spit
One of the many ways to cook pheasant is by using the spit.
An easy preparation that will see you only busy filling and seasoning the meat with herbs and spices because the rotisserie will do the longest work.
You will need 1 small clean pheasant; 1 sprig of rosemary; 1 clove of garlic; 1 sprig of sage; 3 juniper berries; extra virgin olive oil; 30 g of lard; salt and pepper.
Prepare a sauce with herbs and spices, season it with oil, season with salt and pepper and brush the inside of the pheasant. Tie it with kitchen string, brush it over the entire surface with the lard to prevent the skin from burning, compromising the internal cooking, and insert it on the spit. As it loses the juice, collect it and, with the brush, spread it on the meat.
Once your delicious roast pheasant is ready (it will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes), transfer it to a plate and serve it with an inevitable side dish of buttered potatoes that you can dress with cheese sauces or mayonnaise, or with vegetables. Like asparagus or fennel au gratin in the oven.