Maybe you are a university student without a stove or you don’t know how to move very well in the kitchen and, in order not to burn everything, you prefer to use the microwave oven. Whoever you are, by reading this article, you will learn how to prepare yourself a pasta dish quickly and easily using a microwave oven.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Ready-made sauce
- Pour the amount of pasta you need into a bowl suitable for microwave use. For each person calculate a portion of about 80-120 g and remember that the pasta, once cooked, slightly increases in volume. Don’t forget that you can only use ceramic or glass items in the microwave, so stay away from plastic or metal items.
- Pour enough water into the bowl to cover the pasta thoroughly.
- Place the soup tureen on a plate and put them both in the microwave. You will need the dish to recover the tureen which, at the end of cooking, will be hot.
- Check the cooking time of the pasta on the package and add 3-4 minutes. Cook the pasta in the microwave for as long as necessary. Also, adjust the time according to the power of your microwave oven.
- Check the doneness by tasting the pasta. If it looks chewy, let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Drain the pasta in the sink. Use a colander. Alternatively, you can use a large spoon to hold the pasta in the bowl while you drain the cooking water. You can also opt for a ladle with holes and drain the pasta a little at a time.
- Heat your favorite ready sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds and season the pasta.Alternatively, season it with butter, or extra virgin olive oil, and a sprinkle of Parmesan or pecorino Romano, adding a final touch with a grating of white pepper.
- Now arm yourself with a fork, enjoy your meal!
Try adding meat or vegetables to the pasta to increase the flavor. If you use frozen products, add them to the pasta during cooking and remember to drain them before draining the pasta. On the contrary, if you just have to heat them, you can add them to the ready-made sauce.
Once removed from the microwave, you can dip the pasta in cold water for a few seconds to stop cooking.
Be very careful when removing the hot bowl from the microwave. Protect yourself with an oven mitt or kitchen towel to avoid serious hand burns.
Things You Will Need
- Oven mitt or kitchen cloth
- Microwave oven