People suffer pains and aches due to many reasons, such as an accident, post-operation illness, any disease or disorder, poor posture, or general bad habits. The inability to move freely, chronic or muscular pain, and not being able to live normally disturb the way of life. It is a fact that medicines help relieve body pains, but their side effects are more than benefits in the long term. Here comes the drug-free way, which is physiotherapy.
It is the best solution and a medicine-free way to deal with many of the physical problems people face. Dated back in the time of Hippocrates, massages with oil are used to cure pain, and till then, people use plenty of cutting-edge techniques to treat abnormalities in body functions and call it Physiotherapy. Many Rehat Centers like MMRC.PK provides such kind of physiotherapy services to their patients in the region of Islamabad/Rawalpindi. This blog will help you to understand what is physiotherapy and why it is important for you? If you are dealing with any physical pains, it is the right time to convince yourself to get the best natural treatment available.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is also known as physical therapy, is a drug-free, natural treatment and a science-based profession in which the ‘whole-person approach is used to ensure health and wellbeing in a patient’s general lifestyle. It encourages patients’ involvement in their treatment through awareness, education, and participation.
Physiotherapy is for people of all ages. It helps with pains in any area of the body, sudden injury, or dealing with long-term medical conditions like asthma, pre-preparation for childbirth, or a sporting event.
What Physiotherapists do?
Physiotherapists employ strengthening, stretching, manipulations, and mobilization to relieve pain in your body. They use different modalities to reduce inflammation and encourage healing, thus improving symptoms in a medicine-free way. These modalities include acupuncture, taping, ultrasound, interferential current, laser, and hydrotherapy (ice and heat). Physiotherapists examine the person as a whole, not just at the injured or disable point. It allows them to find the root cause of the problem and treat it better.
It is necessary to consult a highly qualified and professional physiotherapist to get the best possible treatment. If you search for a reliable physio center and a trained therapist, check out the best physiotherapists in Islamabad.
Why Physiotherapy is Important?
Customized physiotherapy can promote individuals to return to their former level of body functioning and encourage activities that prevent further injury and improve overall mental and physical condition. Here are some points for a better understanding of why physiotherapy is important for you.
- Therapeutic exercises and manual therapies in physiotherapy (tissue mobilization, taping, ultrasound, or electrical stimulation) can help relieve pain and restore muscle and joint function.
- You can avoid surgery if physical therapy eliminates pain or heals you from an injury.
- In case of operation, you can take advantage of pre-surgery physiotherapy to recover faster afterward.
- Physiotherapists can accurately fit individuals with assistive devices, or cane or crutches, or assess orthotic prescriptions.
- They help to strengthen weakened parts of the body after stroke and improve balance.
- Physiotherapists can create appropriate prevention exercises or recovery plans to ensure a safe return to your sport.
- It helps people in different medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, breast cancer, and many other diseases.
Collectively, physiotherapy is a life savior for millions of people all around the globe. It covers every part of your life and helps you deal with countless physical abnormalities, and take you towards a better life.