Shant Singh Rejected My Films for Big Production Houses, Anurag Kashyap

Shant Singh Rejected My Films for Big Production Houses, Anurag Kashyap

Anurag Kashyap, a well-known Bollywood villain director, has revealed that he had offered suicide actor Sushant Singh Rajput to act in at least three films. In an interview to Indian broadcaster NTDV, Anurag Kashyap revealed that he had offered to work in his 2012 blockbuster film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ but he turned it down.

According to Anurag Kashyap, Sushant Singh Rajput wanted to work with production houses like Yash Raj Chopra and Dharma Productions instead of working with him. According to Anurag Kashyap, after refusing to work in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’, he had offered work to Sushant Singh Rajput in another film 'Hansi To Phansi' but he refused again.

Anurag Kashyap said that when he offered Sushant a job in 'Hansi To Phansi', he was working with Yash Raj in a film called 'Shudh Desi Romance'. The filmmaker revealed that he had offered Sushant Singh Rajput for the third and final time to work in a film called Makabaz but this time to he refused. According to the director, for the third time, he had signed a contract with Karan Johar's production house Dharma Productions, which he refused.

Interestingly, before Anurag Kashyap, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali had also confessed to the police that he too had offered Sushant Singh a job in at least three big films but the actor had contracted elsewhere which Because he could not work with them.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali had told police that Sushant Singh Rajput had contracts with other major production houses, including Yash Raj Films, which prevented him from working in his films. The director had told the police that while the big production houses had barred him from working in other films by signing agreements with Sushant Singh Rajput, the production houses did not release the actor's films.

Bollywood's major film production houses have been accused of barring actors like Sushant Singh Rajput from moving forward by trapping them in contracts. However, senior officials of Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions have denied the allegations. Following the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and managers of Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions have submitted documents to the police, including records of contracts with the actor.

Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide at his residence in the presence of friends on June 14, after which protests against leading figures in the film industry began across India and he was accused of creating new conditions. Police have launched an investigation into Sushant Singh Rajput's mental distress and reasons for his suicide, and so far statements from more than 3 dozen personalities have been recorded.

Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Mukesh Chhabra, actress Riya Chakraborty, the actor's parents, and others have recorded statements to the police. According to reports so far, the police have not found any evidence that Sushant Singh Rajput was forced to commit suicide under a conspiracy.

It is believed that the police will release the investigation report of the case in the next few weeks after recording the statements of filmmaker Kiran Johar and some other important personalities.

Tags

Sushant singh rajput

Related Posts