- Difficulty: EASY
- Time: 40 MINUTES
- Portions: 4 PEOPLE
- Calories: 230 / PORTION
The pan-fried squid recipe is ideal when you are looking for a quick and light second course of fish, perfect for both lunch and dinner. Rather inexpensive dishes, the pan-fried calamari in white that come out of it are characterized by a fresh flavor and an inviting scent, and with minimal effort. Also excellent in the version with breadcrumbs and lemon, if you are looking for fish recipes to serve to friends as part of an informal occasion, with this you will be on the safe side.
- SQUID 500 gr
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL to taste
- WHITE WINE 1/2 glass
- SALT AND PEPPER to taste
- CHOPPED PARSLEY to taste
- Clean the squid well, then cut them into strips of the same size. Take care to cut the tentacles into small pieces as well.
- In a non-stick pan pour plenty of olive oil and, once hot, add some fresh parsley: brown it for a few moments, being careful not to let it blacken.
- Now also place the fish, including the tentacles, and brown it well, stirring.
- Add the white wine and, once it has completely evaporated, place the lid on the pan and cook over a low flame for about 12 minutes.
- You can add, in addition, or in place of white wine, freshly squeezed and carefully filtered fresh lemon juice
- Stir occasionally to encourage even cooking and to prevent the fish from burning.
- At the end of cooking, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle again with freshly chopped parsley, and immediately serve the squid, hot.
Variation: Pan-fried Calamari with Sauce
The calamari in a pan with sauce represents the red version of the dish. Once ready, you can use the cooking sauce also to season pasta, to have a complete lunch ready without too much effort. To prepare them to proceed as follows:
- Add 400 ml of tomato sauce to the pan with oil and a clove of garlic.
- Cook it for about 12 minutes, and then add the sliced squid.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
Variation: Pan-Fried Squid with Cherry Tomatoes
- Another really tasty version is represented by the squid in a pan with cherry tomatoes:
- Fry half a chopped onion in a little olive oil in a pan.
- Once cooked, add 300 grams of datterini tomatoes cut in half. Produce them for 10
- Add the squid and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.