Sindh government has termed the second transfer of scheduled matches in Karachi to the Pakistan Super League in view of the threat of the Corona virus, saying that Pakistan Super League matches in Karachi will be on schedule.
So far 5 cases of Coronavirus have been reported in Pakistan, two of which were reported in Karachi while the rest in other cities and schools in the city of Quaid have been closed till March 13 due to the virus.
The Pakistan Cricket Board is obliged to follow the decision made by the government in this regard but Sindh Cabinet meeting decided that matches in Karachi will be held on schedule and strict precautions should be taken in the meantime.
So far no foreign players have expressed their concern about the Coronavirus in the country, but all the teams are working carefully in this regard.
The Prime Minister's Assistant Special Health Minister Dr Zafar Mirza said that precautionary measures were being taken and the system would be further strengthened to prevent the disease.
"Our policy so far is working very well and it needs to be strengthened. We need to prepare ourselves for the worst situation but at the same time we are optimistic for the situation," he said.
In the third phase of the Pakistan Super League, five matches will be played in Karachi, which starts on March 12.
Karachi will host four rounds of matches in which a match will be played between traditional rivals Karachi Kings and Lahore Qalandars, while March 17 will also host the first qualifier of the Karachi National Stadium event, after which the last three matches will be played in Lahore.