LONDON: The chairman of the English Cricket Board (ECB) has apologized for canceling the England cricket team's tour of Pakistan.
England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Anne Whitmore said in a statement: "We know a lot of people have been hurt by the cancellation of the tour. We apologize for this. The decision to cancel the tour was not taken without consulting the players."
Chairman Anne Whatmore added that the decision of the board was very difficult, the decision was made keeping in mind the mental health of the players, I will not go into details, the decision was made on the advice of security and welfare.
England and Wales Cricket Board Chairman Anne Whitmore added that the decision was taken soon after the World Cup and New Zealand's departure from Pakistan. The main reason for the decision was the welfare of the players. Are
The chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board said that we will have to focus again on the 2022 tour. We are grateful to Pakistan for coming to England last year and we will do what we can regarding the scheduled tour next year.
On the other hand, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry reacted to the English Cricket Board's apology to Pakistan.
Announcement of ECB to visit Pakistan next year is a welcome step,I would like to thank stars of cricket world, diplomatic community, Media And Cricket lovers around the world on their support for pakistan Cricket, yet again Pak has emerged as strong and resilient nation— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) September 29, 2021
Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry in his tweet on social networking site Twitter said that the apology of the English Cricket Board and the announcement of the tour of Pakistan is a great achievement of our position, thanks to the cricket players, diplomats, international media and all those who Sided with Pakistan on this issue.
Federal Minister Fawad Chaudhry added that another conspiracy against Pakistan cricket had failed.