WASHINGTON: The United States blacklisted Karachi-based encounter specialist Rao Anwar and froze the assets, Ellis Wells says, adding that Rao Anwar was allegedly involved in hundreds of extra-court killings.
According to details, US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Alice Wells said in a statement on the social networking site Twitter that former SSP Malir Rao Anwar has been banned, the US Treasury Department has taken this action on human rights violations. Allegedly involved in hundreds of murders, the United States will take action against human rights abusers.
The US Treasury Department has also issued a statement, stating that the United States has frozen the assets of Rao Anwar in the United States by imposing a ban on former SSP Malir Rao Anwar.
According to the US statement, Rao Anwar confronted one hundred and nine fake policemen, killing more than 400 people, including Naqibullah Mehsood. Elements included
According to the US statement, Rao Anwar is involved in serious human rights abuses in Pakistan.
Remember that on January 13 last year, the police team, led by SSP Malir Rao Anwar, claimed a police encounter in Shah Latif Town, the team believed that the police had fired in response to the arrest of dangerous terrorists. Four of the accused were killed, including the young Naqibullah.
After a social media campaign triggered a public backlash against the incident, which led to a police investigation, SSP Rao Anwar was suspended and the contest was declared fake.
Later, the former Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar ordered the names of Rao Anwar to be included in the Exit Control List, while setting a self-reported case of murder without Naqibullah.