Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Information has released the first documentary titled 'Stage Saab' (Difficult Stage) which focuses on the efforts of frontline workers during the global epidemic of coronavirus in the kingdom.
According to Arab News, the documentary was screened by the Saudi Ministry of Information's Center for Government Communication (CGC) at the AMC Cinema in Riyadh. According to the Saudi Press Agency, the film is a collection of humanitarian stories highlighting the efforts and sacrifices of the frontline health workers, employees and workers, all of the frontline heroes who fought the global epidemic in Saudi Arabia.
In addition, the documentary also shows citizens from different walks of life and their role in the fight against the virus. According to Urdu News, in this regard, the Secretary of the Saudi Ministry of Information, Dr. Abdullah Al-Maghloust said that the documentary was made in 75 days on the instructions of the Acting Minister of Information, Dr. Majid Al-Qasbi.
He said 60 hours were spent recording and filming the events in the film, in which more than 70 Saudi youths took part. Dr. Abdullah Al-Maghlouth said that the documentary was shot in 5 areas. In addition, scenes during the curfew were also recorded in the film while all government agencies took part in the preparation of the film and provided necessary facilities.
The documentary will soon be aired on Saudi Arabia's state TV channel and will also be available on GCC's YouTube channel. As of the afternoon of September 24, the number of people infected with the coronavirus in Saudi Arabia had risen to 331,359, while 4,569 people had died.
Last week, Saudi Arabia announced its final decision on lifting travel bans, which will be lifted by the start of the new year 2021. Saudi Arabia later announced a phased resumption of Umrah payments from October 4 after a seven-month ban.