How to write a Cheque?
How to write a Cheque?
Nowadays, money transaction becomes online, but many people Filling out a cheque are not a big task, but it might be a new thing to write a cheque for the beginners. What are the requirements for it? Here are simple steps to write a cheque for your money transaction.
- Date the Cheque
- Write the recipient
- Write the payment amount in numbers
- Write the payment amount in words
- Write a memo
- Sign the check
Write the date on the Cheque:
Write the date on the line at the top right-hand corner. Please keep a record of the Cheque on it when you wrote it.
Write the recipient:
write the name of the person or company you want to pay. If you don’t know the person or organization’s exact name, replace it with the word “Cash.” But make sure about the company in case of fraud.
Write the payment amount in numbers:
There are two places on a check where you write the amount you are paying. First, Write the amount of your payment in the small box on the right-hand side in numbers.
Write the payment amount in words:
write out the numeric amount in words to match the number base dollar amount wrote in the box on the right-hand side.
Write a memo:
This step is optional and will not affect how banks process your check. It is a reminder of the Cheque about why you wrote it. Additionally, it’s helpful information in your Cheque.
Sign the Cheque:
Sign the Cheque legibly on the line in the bottom-right corner. This shows the bank that you agree that you are paying the specified amount and the correct payee. This step is essential—a check will not be valid without a signature.
Follow these Security tips to keep your transaction save:
- Make sure while writing a cheque, use a permanent pen instead of a lead pencil. So, no one can change your amount.
- Verify your amount on the Cheque in words and numbers.
- Never sign a cheque before verifying the amount on the Cheque.
- For giant transactions, make a carbon copy of the Cheque to keep records with the safest backup.
- Do consistence sign on every Cheque, so you know your sign in a cheque in case of any fraud.
- In the last, try to do the safest transaction over online instead of Cheque.
How to change the Gmail password?
How to Delete Facebook Account?
Login first to Add Comment in this post