How to cook Peas?
Peas in the pan
The peas in the pan are a basic outline of peas very simple to prepare, can be enjoyed as well, or simply to be used as a basis for the preparation of sauces and dressings.
The peas in a pan are great in spring when there are fresh shelling peas, but you can prepare all year using frozen peas. The dose is the same as for the fresh shelled product. But pay attention to the cooking time, which is usually shorter. You may also need less broth.
- 300 g of peas (shelled weight)
- 250 ml of vegetable broth
- Half a white onion
- 1 tbsp of attachment virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 165 Kcal per serving
- easy difficulty
- ready in 30 minutes
- vegetarian and vegan recipe
- light recipe
- you can prepare it in advance
- you can eat outside
- Shell the peas.
- Heat the broth.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it in a pan with the oil.
- Bring to the heat and fry the onion over low heat until it is golden brown.
- Raise the heat, add the peas and cook for a few minutes over high heat.
- Add the salt, a sprinkle of pepper, mix, add the vegetable broth as much as it will serve to cover the peas and leave to cook over medium heat, with a lid, for about 15 minutes. The exact cooking time will depend on the size of the peas and the texture of their skin. On the off chance that the cooking juices become excessively dry, add more stock.
- Towards the end of cooking, remove the lid, raise the heat and allow to dry, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and serve.
TagsHow to cook peas?
Login first to Add Comment in this post