How to cook paneer butter masala?
- 2 liters of fresh whole milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- PREPARATION 90 min
- easy recipe
Boil the milk, add the vinegar, and stir until the fat separates from the whey.
With the help of the napkin, filter the mixture and put it in a sieve. Pour in plenty of hot water to rinse it off and then let it drain for 20 minutes.
If you want to get a firm cheese, put it in cold water for 1 hour and then let it drain.
When it is almost dry, place it in the refrigerator in a mold with a weight on it to compact.
It keeps for about 7 days.
Remember it is salt-free!
Paneer butter masala - Indian recipe
Paneer butter masala is one of the most famous dishes in Indian cuisine. For the uninitiated, Paneer is the best known of Indian cheeses, reminiscent of our ricotta but with a more compact consistency. In India it is eaten fresh, or grilled, in the form of stews, grilled on skewers and much more.
The paneer butter masala consists of a stew of this delicious cheese dipped in a creamy sauce based on tomato and cashew spicy and fragrant
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 gr of diced Paneer
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 cashews soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 125 ml of whole milk
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt to taste
For the success of the Paneer butter masala, start with the preparation of the three bases.
1) prepare the onion paste by chopping the onions with the garlic and ginger, put in a bowl.
2) Prepare the cashew paste: take the cashews soaked in two tablespoons of water and blend, put in a cup.
3) blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin, and blend.
- Now that you have the basics ready, start cooking the dish. In a pan or wok put the oil with the butter, add the onion paste with the bay leaf and fry until it has a light brown color
- Immediately after, add the green chilies cut in half and without seeds, the chili powder, and the cashew paste. Stir for a couple of minutes
- Add the tomato puree and cook until the oil begins to separate from the tomato for 3-4 minutes. Flavor with Garam Masala and coriander powder
- Add 1/2 cup of tin, 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt
- Finally, add the cubed paneer and cook for a couple of minutes
- Finally, add the fresh cream and chopped parsley
Serve on the table with chapati bread or basmati rice
Login first to Add Comment in this post