How to cook new potatoes
New potatoes in the oven
The potatoes in the oven are one of the classic contours on Italian tables. They can be combined with any type of the second course, from meat to fish, and everyone likes them. Preparing them is very simple: just add oil, salt, rosemary and bake. The new potato, also called Primaticcio, is a particular variety of potato with a very thin skin and a very soft texture, cultivated and appreciated throughout Italy. Find out how to prepare new potatoes in the oven with our recipe.
- DIFFICULTY: LOW
- WINE: -
- people: 6
- REGIONAL CUISINE:
- TIME: 10 min of preparation, 50 min cooking
- COST: BASS
- Potatoes 1.2 kg
- Oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Rosemary 4 sprigs
- Wash the new potatoes under running water and leave them to soak for about ten minutes, before rinsing and draining thoroughly.
- Once dry, place them in a large baking pan. Cut them in half only if you want them crunchy, otherwise leave them whole, with all the peel.
- Season with a drizzle of oil, salt and sprigs of rosemary. Mercola well and cook in a convection oven at 160 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can choose to cook the new potatoes at 180 degrees in static mode. Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve on the table.
New potatoes: the recipe in a pan
New potatoes in a pan with rosemary (and with the peel) are a truly delicious side dish. You will surely like this recipe because with a minimum of effort you will get an amazing result: golden and crispy potatoes, well-cooked on the outside and soft on the inside.
New potatoes are tubers harvested before the end of their ripening, therefore they are small in size and their skin is really very thin; they can be used in different recipes and very easily can also be cooked in a pan.
New potatoes in the pan are a very tasty dish: the aroma of garlic and rosemary delicately flavour them, and the thin and crunchy skin contrasts with the tender softness of the potatoes.
- 1 kg of new potatoes of equal size
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Rest time: -
- people: 4
- Difficulty: low
How to prepare new potatoes in a pan:
- Carefully wash the potatoes under running water to remove any soil residues and dry them well with a clean cloth, rinse and dry the rosemary as well.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place them in a non-stick pan with plenty of extra virgin olive oil, heat over high heat and when the oil starts to brown add the potatoes, cover with a lid,
- Stir frequently and cook over moderate heat for about forty minutes or in any case until the new potatoes are easily skewered with a fork.
- Once the new potatoes are cooked in a pan, they can also be served immediately.