Cavolo Nero is also known as Black cabbage.
Black cabbage in a pan
- Recipe Execution Easy
- Preparation 25 MIN
- Cooking 15min
The black cabbage, cruciferous with extraordinary nutritional properties, is the basis of many recipes of our gastronomic tradition. Also try stir-frying, in a simple and quick way, served as a side dish to the main courses of meat and fish.
- 2 bunches of black cabbage
- chili pepper
How to Prepare: Black Cabbage in a Pan?
To cook black cabbage in a pan, start by cleaning the cabbage. After washing the individual leaves, remove the central rib. Then place them in the basket of a pot for steaming. Let them cook for 10 minutes. They must remain firm and still intense green.
You can also cook them in water, in this case you will have to squeeze them well once they are drained and before putting them in the pan.
In a non-stick pan, with two tablespoons of oil, a clove of garlic and chilli to taste, sauté the black cabbage leaves to make them flavor. Bring the black cabbage to the table as a side dish to meat and fish main courses.
Black cabbage sautéed in a pan
The black cabbage sautéed in a pan is a typical side dish of Tuscany, this vegetable is, in fact, present in many typical dishes of this region.
This is a very dark-leaved cabbage that is traditionally harvested after the first winter frost. Used in famous dishes such as ribollita and cavolata, in this case we present it as a side dish simply sautéed in a pan, a preparation technique that in Tuscany is also used with vegetables such as chicory, spinach and beets … all to try!
- DOSES FOR: 4 people
- DIFFICULTY: very low
- PREPARATION: 10 min
- COOKING: 25 min
- COST: very low
- FOOD AVAILABILITY: average
- BLACK CABBAGE 4 bunches
- CLOVE OF GARLIC 2
- HOT RED PEPPER 2
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (EVO) 4 bunches
- SALT TO taste
- Clean the black cabbage by removing the end of the stalk.
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil, add salt, and add the black cabbage which will have to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the cabbage and pass it in ice water to set the beautiful dark green color. Leave them just for a couple of minutes, just enough time to cool them slightly. Then squeeze them.
- Heat a generous round of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan together with a finely sliced clove of garlic.
- Chop a chili pepper and coarsely chop the cabbage set aside. Add both ingredients to the saucepan.
- Add salt and flavor with fennel seeds. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Serve the sautéed cabbage in a pan while still hot, adding just a drizzle of raw extra virgin olive oil.