- organic butter for the bottom of the mold
- 1 organic pumpkin (potimarron), 800-900 g, halved, seeded
- organic oil for brushing
- 250 g of organic ricotta
- 3 tablespoons of organic flour
- 100 g of grated organic gruyère
- 4 organic egg yolks
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 5 organic egg whites whipped until stiff
- ½ teaspoon of organic baking powder
Cooking in harmony with the seasons
The ingredients of this recipe are in season during the months of January, August, September, October, November, December
One serving contains
- Kilocalories 367
- Proteins 25 g
- Carbohydrates 16 g
- Fat 22 g
- Brush the cut surfaces of the pumpkin with oil, arrange the two halves with the cut surface down on the tray lined with alu paper. Fill with water up to 1 cm in height.
- Bake in the center of an oven preheated to 220 ° C for approx. 30 minutes until the pulp is tender.
- Remove the pulp (approx. 600 g), purée. Mix the ricotta with the flour. Incorporate the pumpkin, gruyère, and egg yolks, season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Beat the egg whites with the baking powder until stiff, incorporate gently.
- Pour the mixture into the greased mold.
- Bake in the lower part of the preheated oven at 180 ° C for 30-35 minutes. Finish cooking at 220 ° C for another 15 minutes. Never open the oven! Serve immediately.
How to Boil Pumpkin?
If you want to boil the pumpkin or cook it in the oven or steam, the cubes will have to be larger than those used to cook the pumpkin in a pan and season the pasta. To boil the pumpkin just use a little water because the vegetable contains a very large amount that already provides the humidity necessary for cooking.
Here is revealed how to cook pumpkin in a simple way, leaving its rich and intense flavor unchanged. Thanks to this preparation you can prepare a thousand other recipes based on the pumpkin, including an exquisite cream soup, or simply eat it with a drizzle of oil and flavored with your favorite spices and herbs.
Pumpkin, alone, or with other fresh vegetables, such as courgettes or aubergines, is a very versatile ingredient: ideal for the preparation of tasty recipes suitable for vegetarians, soups, first courses with pasta or rice, appetizing side dishes for second courses. meat and fish.