England has ruled out a tour of Pakistan next month, saying "in the current circumstances, we have decided to withdraw from the tour of both the men's and women's teams with great hesitation."
The England team was scheduled to visit Pakistan next month for a two-match T20 series. A statement issued by the English Cricket Board said: Was also approved. It was reported that the English Cricket Board convened a meeting this weekend regarding these additional matches for the men's and women's teams and we confirm that we have reluctantly withdrawn from the tour of both teams.
"We can confirm that the Board has reluctantly decided to withdraw both teams from the October trip."— England Cricket (@englandcricket) September 20, 2021
🇵🇰 #PAKvENG 🏴
It may be recalled that a few days ago, New Zealand had canceled the tour of Pakistan a few hours before the start of the ODI series due to security reasons and the New Zealand team returned home on Saturday. The English Cricket Board said that the mental and physical health care of our players and support staff is our top priority and it becomes even more important in the current situation we are going through.
"There are also some concerns about traveling to the region and we believe that if we continue this tour, it will increase the pressure on our players who are already trying to deal with the Code-19 restrictions," he said. I am busy "Our men's T20 squad is a more complex situation, and we believe that visiting in these circumstances is not appropriate in the run-up to the T20 World Cup, where performing at this event is our top priority," the statement said.
"We can understand that this decision will be disappointing for the Pakistan Cricket Board, which is constantly working tirelessly to revive international cricket in the country," the English Cricket Board said. "The full support from English and Welsh cricket over the last two seasons is a testament to the friendship. We are very sorry for the impact the decision has had on Pakistan cricket and our main focus is the promise of a real tour in 2022," he said. Focuses on fulfillment.
Earlier on Friday, New Zealand had announced the cancellation of the tour at the Pindi Cricket Stadium just moments before the first ODI of the series due to security concerns. The New Zealand Cricket Board had confirmed the cancellation of the tour, saying that the Black Caps had canceled their tour of Pakistan following a security alert issued by the New Zealand government.
"Given the suggestions we have received, it is not possible to continue this tour," said New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White. The New Zealand team came to Pakistan to play ODI and T20 series after a long gap of 18 years, during which the Kiwis were to play a series of three ODIs and five T20 matches.
Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had said that despite assurances of security from Prime Minister Imran Khan, New Zealand unilaterally canceled the visit to Pakistan and the visit was terminated under a conspiracy.